Nature’s Shield is an essential oil I am never without in the house. With its antiseptic properties, it is my first go to oil in the case of someone even feeling like they are fighting an illness.
I try to keep a running list of ways to use Nature’s Shield. My personal favorite way is to apply a drop (neat or undiluted) directly to my tongue to kill any germs lurking there. This is a great way to get rid of a sore throat. I still remember the one and only time I have ever had strep, I used the Thieves oil directly on my tongue and literally felt like I did not have a sore throat for about 15 minutes. What a relief! It also kept working to continue to improve my soreness.
Here are some various ideas that I have saved from multiple sources such as blogs, e-mails from other essential oil users, and books:
- Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for a sore throat.
- Add 1 drop of thieves and 1 drop of lemon essential oils to warm water and drink as tea.
- Apply to upper chest, lower back, upper back of thighs, and throat diluted with carrier oil for bronchitis, colds, or flu.
- Put a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth for a headache; may take repeated applications.
- Put 4-8 drops in a capsule with olive oil and swallow daily for longevity and colds.
- For acne, apply to the skin diluted with a carrier. Some people even suggest undiluted if you do not have sensitive skin.
- Put a couple drops directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu. Can be diluted in carrier oil depending on skin sensitivity.
- Diffuse in your home to keep the germ count down.
- Breathe in the vapors when you have lung congestion.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes. You can put a few drops of Nature’s Shield in the dryer on a wet washcloth or one of the articles that has just come through the wash. This gives the clothes additional deodorizing capabilities.
- For Insect bites such as mosquito, bee, and wasp stings, apply thieves to bite or sting to reduce inflammation, relieve pain and counteract toxins.
- You can lick 1 drop off top of your hand and swallow or you can drop 1-2 drops directly on your tongue, swish around in mouth to mix with saliva, and swallow slowly.
- For head and lung congestion, you can place a few drops in a steaming bowl of hot water, cover head with towel and inhale vapors.
Stop in the store today, to purchase your bottle.
***Many people are familiar with Thieves oil which is the same ingredient’s that Now’s Nature’s Shield Essential Oil blend contains.